As a member of society we are exposed to art on a daily basis. From the tags down the street to the front of grocery stores, to the clothing we wear the creative industry has been implemented into our lives.
As a young adult I am coming to age, as a young adult everything tries to shape you. School teaches that there is only one solution, creativity is somewhat stifled. Everything, you see and everything you hear and do starts to become a part of who you are. I'm not saying I know everything, I'm saying I'm learning.
Teenagers are at times, the target of this spew of sensory information for the fact that they are open to new trends. Every subculture and every facet of the rebellious group stems from either an artistic movement or a political one. This blog will mostly focus on skateboarding and street art, as well as things such as creative advertisement and out of the box mentalities. Anything against the grain is approved and noted.
In simple terms, what I'm trying to say is that art is all around us, as cliche as it sounds, it's true. And in this fast paced world it's easy to lose sight of that. In fact we are exposed to so much art and chances to be creative that, we fail to see or even appreciate it.
Okay, so here's the deal. This blog is a wake up call, a little artistic jolt to consciousness. Wake up.
No comments:
Post a Comment